Saturday, August 9, 2014

POSTSCRIPT....TRIP HOME



St Louis, USA


It's so hard to do this......it has been such a fantastic trip.....how can we be calling this the postscript?  But, it is....I'm so anxious to be getting home; 2200 miles to go....

Wakeeney, Kansas...Lawrence, Kansas...our ST. LOUIS STOP:   We so enjoyed this stop; it's been the first one since we started our travels HOME!!!!  Stopped here to visit the St. Louis Arch....



 

 
What a beautiful city....mixing the old with the new...



And, lunch at the local Brewery!!!  We really do like those breweries!













Back on the road again:


Arrive: Louisville Metro KOA, Clarksville, Indiana...this is the UGLIEST park ever.....we are at the end of a row, next to an RV that has it's small awnings out which makes our awnings nil; and if anyone doesn't make the corner; we're in trouble!!! Wow, why am I here??? To see Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger Museum; our last stop on our return home!

We arrive in the parking lot to see it full of Thunderbirds!!! This is exciting....mine is down the row!



This is pretty exciting...I'm here where all those ladies in those spectacular hats just were...

Is this our latest Kentucky Derby winner?
 
 
I have to say, it was a spectacular sight; however a lot less dramatic than what is shown on television!  My biggest impression is the T-bird Club....did you know my car (you can just see it there....third one in) was only made in 2004?  I didn't know that; but the woman who owned the "aqua" t-bird knew that....we were invited many times to join this club; have to say, I'm not that pretentious; but it's nice to know I "belong" somewhere!!!

 
 
 
Next stop....the Louisville Slugger factory.... wow; this is a factory?  This is where they manufacture tens of thousands of bats every year??



 




 
 




















I stopped writing the blog so many, many weeks ago. and now I'm here writing the postscript.......
 
What a wonderful, wonderful trip....over 8500 miles, 40 stay-overs; some good...some not as good, but always, always an adventure.  Have to report no more grandkids; but we are now great-grandparents....welcoming Aubrey on January 15th...how blessed are we???
 
How blessed are we....
 
This is a beautiful country; we are blessed....
 
We come home to wonderful children and the greatest grandkids EVER; we are blessed...
 
We come home to a beautiful home; we are blessed...
 
We come home to old friends; we are blessed....
 
We come home to really old friends (not Old...just old) friends; we are blessed...
 
We come home with the memory of new friends....and continuing those friendships; we are blessed...
 
I am absolutely overwhelmed with where I have been; what I have experienced.  Thank you, God, for my world.  I AM TRULY BLESSED.....and I still have more living to do.  Who could ask for anything more!!!

No comments: