Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Myrtle Beach, SC

November 9 - December 1, 2007
Willow Tree RV Resort

We have spent a quiet month here in Myrtle Beach. We've shopped a lot, eaten out a lot, golfed only a little (more later), walked a lot and planned a lot. Our trip across country in June with Susan and Bob to meet up with Joe and Kathy and Katie in Washington is all planned! We'll stop in Minnesota and South Dakota to see family and then spend some time in the Badlands, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, to name a few. Somewhere in there I have to plan a trip back to the Cape to meet my seventh grandchild...Peter and Lindsay are expecting a new baby in June!!

I was able to spend a weekend with Margot who lives just north of Charleston and just over the intercoastal waterway from Isle of Palms (Kelley and Jack...remember that place?). Margot and I met in 8th grade, became friends and now can proudly say we've been best friends for 45 years!!! We enjoyed a great meal at Carrabba's and spent much time extolling the benefits of a great friendship to whoever would listen. We returned to Margot's to spend the night reminiscing and even though we don't get to see each other that often, it felt like we had never parted. I truly have been blessed in my life with the friends I have made!!



Susan and Bob joined us this month and we spent more time shopping and eating and planning! We visited Broadway on the Beach, shops on each side of a pond stocked with the ugliest fish you will ever see. You can buy "fish food" on the walking bridges spanning the pond and feed the fish. They congregate at those feeding vendors and wait with open mouths for food. It is so disgusting.










We also had an opportunity to visit some "nice looking" fish at the Aquarium and some "spooky looking" ones at the IMAX theater, both at Broadway at the Beach.


It was our first Thanksgiving away from home and the kids. I'm so glad we had Susan and Bob here. We went to Thoroughbred's Restaurant for a Thanksgiving Buffet. The surroundings were nice and the food good, although Susan's, Bev's and Peter's turkeys from the past had it all over this one! There were alternatives like prime rib, ham, etc., but you have to have turkey on Thanksgiving.
Thank the golf gods!! I can play golf again!! After my "lesson" I went to the driving range a couple of times (I know a couple isn't enough, but I'm an impatient person) and could barely make contact with the ball. I kept procrastinating when Ken would say "Let's go!" Finally we went to Sandpiper Bay in Calabash, NC (no picture...Ken was trying to take it and talk to Peter on the phone at the same time...didn't work!). Anyway, I had a few bad shots and a few good shots...the old me was back! We'll look into more lessons in Florida.
We're spending the day today cleaning and getting everything ready so we can leave the rig here and head for home. We will be home in time to see Jake in the Falmouth Christmas Parade with his karate class. We're very proud of him...he's going for his purple belt the day before the Parade. GOOD LUCK, JAKE!!! I am so anxious to see my grandkids again...I hope they remember me. And of course, when we get the call, we'll head up to New Hampshire to join Jodie and Dennis to welcome grandchild number six!!
Happy Holidays to all. We'll see you again in January in Orlando, Florida.

No comments: