Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chowchilla, California

October 9 - 16, 2008

The Lakes RV and Golf Resort, Chowchilla


Someone asked me why we chose Chowchilla as a destination. Well, one, I liked the name; and, two, they had The Lakes RV and Golf Resort where you can stay and play golf at Pheasant Run for free all week long! We arrived at the same time as the Santa Ana Winds. Notice the tree in the picture and that was during a mild wind. Aside from the winds (which subsided as the week went on) this park is absolutely beautiful. The lots here are for sale and if this place was someplace on the east coast, I would seriously think of buying a permanent site for the Beave.



We played four rounds at the Pheasant Run Golf Club. We had some good holes and some bad holes...for me, I strung 18 together that made me happy; the rest won't make me quit the game, but will push me towards lessons when the time is available. Ken and I managed to have one good hole together...I got a par and he birdied. It was also fun playing the same course for a change...gave us a chance to get to know it.



















We have now been on the road a little longer than a year now. As you can tell from the blogs, we are having the time of our lives. There are only two negatives: one, I would love to have my family and friends along for this glorious ride; and, two, I haven't yet gotten a good haircut!!! It has been bad enough taking Barney to different groomers once a month, but when it comes to having my hair colored or cut, I just keep hesitating. Finally, I bought some of that bottled stuff and trusted my husband to color my hair this week...not bad, although I'm not sure he enjoyed the task. At least I didn't have to leave a tip!!



Also, while on the road, I have been able to keep up with the Patriots and Red Sox. Last October was great for the Red Sox and a real let down during Super Bowl for the Patriots. On day one of the Patriots' season this year I was looking into "Super Sunday Ticket" offered by DirecTV so I could watch the Patriots every Sunday. It was very, very expensive and I hesitated...thank goodness! We finally got to watch the Patriots this past Sunday when they played San Diego. What an awful game. You know, football without Tom Brady is like golf without Tiger Woods! Then we've had the last two Red Sox games against Tampa Bay...where did these guys come from? Anyway, it was not a good weekend for New England sports teams. Let's see how the Bruins and Celtics do this year.

We're heading to Thousand Trails - San Benito tomorrow in Paicines. Again, a lot of the Thousand Trails have been in remote areas, but as we head further into Southern California, I'm hoping we'll find more civilization and civilized attractions (like shopping!!) We'll be about 40 miles from the Monterey peninsula and Pebble Beach and plan on spending a couple of days in that area. Should be fun.




No comments: