Thursday, October 11, 2007

Peters Pond

Peter’s Pond, Sandwich, Massachusetts
August 6, 2007 – September 28, 2007

This was a long stay and I’m just now writing about it on our first trip in our new life (we just left Massachusetts and are now in Rhode Island).

I don’t really think of the past seven weeks as part of our “full-timing” life. We both worked a little, played a little and generally enjoyed some time with our kids. I’m still a little teary (which will probably last for awhile) ‘cause leaving the kids and grandkids is really tough. But, I know Ken and I are off on a wonderful adventure and we are so fortunate that we can do this at our age…still young enough to enjoy it!

Peter’s Pond was a nice place to stay because of its location. Most of the campers were seasonal. I didn’t like the visitor policy where everybody, no matter how old or for whatever reason, had to pay. Jake really enjoyed swimming in the pond, though, which made it all worthwhile. The new area with 50-amp service and nicer, bigger lots (where you could probably get satellite TV) opened just before we left; however the prices are pretty steep which may prohibit our staying here again next year.

I have made my first “error in judgment” as a full-timer. So anxious are we to get going, we planned our first day on the road as a long one. When we were only “vacationing” that was necessary in order to get where we were going; but now I have to start thinking as one who has all the time in the world and plan our driving days accordingly.

The leaves are just starting to turn color. We will miss the full fall spectacular. Speaking of fall spectacular…I hope we get the Red Sox wherever we go. Let’s see if DirecTV comes through as they said they would.
By the way, our little fixes done by Majors while in Sandwich (replacing the camera monitor and fuel gauge transmitter) both seem to have gone awry! The monitor shows things on the right that are happening on the left and the “low fuel” light is constantly on. When we called Majors to ask them back to correct the fuel gauge (we didn’t know about the monitor yet), they said they didn’t know how to correct it. So much for having them fix anything for us again!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Hi I am Ken. I am retired, and this is my camper!!!